The Institute for Quantitative Theory and Methods
Office: 413 Modern Languages Building
Additional Contact Information
532 Kilgo Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322
- Ph.D, Mathematics , Louisiana State University, 2012
- M.S., Mathematics, Louisiana State University, 2007
- B.S., Mathematics, University of Wisconsin, 2005
BiographyJeremy Jacobson completed his PhD in Mathematics at Louisiana State University in 2012. During his PhD, he spent a year at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Bonn, Germany, and two years visiting the Warwick Mathematics Institute, UK. Previous to joining the Institute for Quantitative Theory and Methods, Dr. Jacobson was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Emory University. Prior to joining Emory, Dr. Jacobson taught at the University of Georgia and was a Fields Postdoctoral Fellow at the Fields Institute, Canada.
Quadratic forms, real algebraic geometry.
- Jacobson, J., Cohomological invariants of quadratic forms over local rings, Mathematische Annalen Math. Ann. (2017) DOI:10.1007/s00208-017-1561-z.
- Jacobson, J., Real cohomology and the powers of the fundamental ideal, Annals of K-Theory Vol. 2 (Accepted 2016), No. 3, 357–385 DOI: 10.2140/akt.2017.2.357.
- Jacobson, J., Finiteness theorems for the shifted Witt and higher Grothendieck-Witt groups of arithmetic schemes , Journal of Algebra 351, 2012, pp. 254 - 278.