Emory is both an excellent liberal arts college and a tier-one research university. We take advantage of these strengths—and promote the fruitful interaction of undergraduate education and scholarly research—by hosting a select group of undergraduate fellows who actively participate in the university's vibrant research environment.
Benefits of being a fellow
As a fellow, you’ll get:
- Access to QuanTM’s computer lab
- Access to QuanTM's seminars and conferences
- Opportunities to meet leading scholars from a wide range of scholarly fields and approaches
- The opportunity to participate in ongoing faculty research as a research assistant
- Two academic credits—or an honorarium
- Invaluable educational experiences that will give you an advantage in a variety of careers, including research, business, law, and public service.
- An overall and major GPA of at least 3.5 is required.
- Fellowships are for one academic year. The research assistant position entails an average of five hours per week.
- Because the required research is often highly technical, applicants must have a background in math.
Please note: Research conducted as a QuanTM undergraduate fellow or research assistant cannot be used for or related to a student's undergraduate honors thesis work.
Admission to the Institute's fellowship program is highly selective. For the 2017-2018 academic year, we are accepting applications from rising juniors or seniors.
Applications are due March 22nd, 2017. Application packets should include:
- A transcript,
- Short writing sample that exemplifies the applicant's finest composition,
- Personal statement (maximum of 2 single-spaced pages) describing your research interests* and career goals, and
- One reference letter from a faculty member.
*Though not required, we strongly encourage applicants to research and identify faculty members they are potentially interested in working with.
You will be contacted by April 1st, 2017 about your application status. Finalists will be interviewed before a final decision is made, so please provide an email address with which we can contact you.All application material should be emailed to IQTM@emory.edu.