This event is over! Mini-hackathon @ Emory will return in 2019.
WHO can participate?
The event is open to QTM majors that have:
- Taken QTM110 and QTM 150 (QTM 151 preferred)
- Or, proficiency in R, Python or other statistical package
WHEN and WHERE is this happening?
Event will take place in PAIS room 250 from 2:30 - 7:00pm
WHY should I get involved?
- Receive a meal and snacks
- Compete for fame, glory, and nerd bragging rights
- Network with fellow college students and university faculty
- CASH PRIZES to winning teams - 1st and 2nd place teams win!
2018 Mini-hackathon Testimonials
Thanks again for the gift card and the opportunity of Mini-Hack! And I hope that QTM department can do the Mini Hack again in the future. – Sharon
Thank you for the providing this great opportunity and definitely the gifts! – Virginia
Thank you for hosting this event. I did learn a lot from this experience. – Star
Thanks for organizing this amazing event! - Isabella
Thank you for hosting the event! I had a lot of fun. - Frank
What do I need to compete?
A laptop and familiarity with tools for data analysis (there is no limitation on which software you use) and an enthusiasm for data. You may also find it useful to bring scrap paper, a pencil, and/or a graphing calculator.
What are the rules of the competition?
The rules are very simple:
- Teams must be composed of 3-5 undergraduate members. Maximum of 20 students.
- It's a competition, but a friendly one, so have fun!
- Teams will present for a total of 7 minutes
- Present findings and insights(3 minutes)
- Present recommendations for next steps (1 – 2 minutes)
- Respond to judge/other participant questions (1 – 2 minutes)
- Presentations and responses will be scored by judges.
- Judges will score based on insights, visualization and deliver
When you say prizes, what do you mean?
We're talking about cash prizes for your team!
- First Place prize: $40 per team member
- Second Place price: $20 per team member
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Simply email IQTM@emory.edu and we will answer your questions as soon as possible.