The purpose of QTM's pre-doctoral fellowship is to give doctoral candidates the opportunity to facilitate research during their residence at Emory, as well as expand or complete their dissertations, give lectures, and lead workshops and seminars. The Institute seeks pre-doctoral fellows whose research is quantitatively oriented, and whose intellectual contribution to Emory enriches the synthesis of quantitative theory and social sciences our department has fostered.
Each fellow is provided with the following:
- A private office at the Institute or hosting department (please note, due to space constraints, office space at QTM is not guaranteed)
- Free, furnished housing
- $10,000 stipend for travel and living expenses.
Pre-doctoral fellows are invited to be in residence for one semester.
Pre-doctoral candidates from an institution outside of Emory are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply directly, though each candidate must be nominated by an Emory department or program prior to submitting an application. Applicants must also have achieved candidacy, though preference will be given to applicants who will not be on the job market in 2018-2019. QTM offers up to two pre-doctoral fellowships per semester.
Please submit all application materials to IQTM@emory.edu. Include “Pre-doctoral Fellowships” and your full name in the subject line. Application packets must include the following items:
- Current CV
- Research statement
- Writing sample
- Two letters from faculty (to be sent directly by the letter writers, not the applicant):
- A nomination letter from the intended faculty host at Emory University
- A recommendation letter from the student’s advisor at his/her home institution
QTM will start accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year in October 2017 and will continue to review applications until the fellowships are filled.
Questions and concerns may be directed to IQTM@emory.edu. Include "Pre-doctoral Fellowships" in the subject line.