QTM 496: Quantitative Sciences Internship
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to apply learned curriculum through direct participation in a quantitative internship position and receive academic credit for their experience. Securing an appropriate internship and completing the relevant application form is the responsibility of the student.
NOTE: Students may not receive academic credit for paid internships.
- This course is open only to Quantitative Sciences, Applied Math & Statistics, or Public Policy Analysis major students with a 3.0 GPA or above
- This course must be taken for a letter grade and may be used to satisfy the continued writing requirement
- The internship must take place during the enrolled semester
- Only four credits, taken at one time, may count towards the QSS major. Those credits will count as general major credit and will not fulfill any upper-level elective requirement.
- Credit cannot be applied retroactively
- In order to receive academic credit, a student must enroll in QTM 496R(W) and pay the tuition for the course. This includes summer internships.
- Review the requirements detailed above
- Fill out the Quantitative Sciences Internship application
- Submit the completed application to Debora Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks prior to the close of add/drop/swap (in any given semester).
Applications are approved or declined provisionally.