About the Institute
The Department Quantitative Theory and Methods (QTM) promotes the teaching, learning, and use of quantitative analysis across disciplines.
- The Institute for Quantitative Theory & Methods was established in December of 2011.
- Our first and most popular major, Quantitative Sciences, launched in 2014. We now offer four different majors and a minor that emphasize using data science techniques in a variety of contexts and successfully communicating the results.
- Our first graduating class commenced in 2016, and our first Public Policy & Analysis major graduated in the class of 2018.
- Since the Institute's inception, the number of students participating in our majors has grown by 50% annually. Across all our degree programs, we have approximately 200 students enrolled (as of July 2018).
- We co-sponsor events, workshops, conferences, and symposia. Contact us if you are interested in QTM sponsorship!
Undergraduate Majors & Degree Options
From College to Career
At the heart of our program is a commitment to day-one readiness for our graduates. That means equipping them to ask the right questions, think critically, and communicate their insights with clarity. Through the QTM curriculum, experiential learning, and professional development, our students are ready to hit the ground running, no matter what career pathway they choose. We actively partner with industry, academia, and alumni to bring a variety of initiatives and opportunities to our students. Please visit our News & Events webpage for details on the exciting opportunites listed below.