About the Institute
The Institute for Quantitative Theory and Methods (QTM) promotes the teaching, learning, and use of quantitative analysis across disciplines.
- The Institute for Quantitative Theory & Methods was established in December of 2011.
- Our first and most popular major, Quantitative Sciences, launched in 2014. We now offer four different majors and a minor that emphasize using data science techniques in a variety of contexts and successfully communicating the results.
- Our first graduating class commenced in 2016, and our first Public Policy & Analysis major graduated in the class of 2018.
- Since the Institute's inception, the number of students participating in our majors has grown by 50% annually. Across all our degree programs, we have approximately 200 students enrolled (as of July 2018).
- We co-sponsor events, workshops, conferences, and symposia. Contact us if you are interested in QTM sponsorship!
Undergraduate Majors & Degree Options
Events: From College to Career
Whatever your career aspirations, our priority is to train individuals capable of contextualizing and communicating data. We host and promote professional development opportunities to get you from college to career. Please visit our News & Events webpage for details on the exciting opportunites listed below.